My name is Dina. (morning class)
I’m from Central Southern Asia, which is Uzbekistan. I grew up in Samarqand. Samarqand is the city with a lot of history and there is a Great Silk Road though it. I have been living in United States with my family for 3 ½ years. So I’m just learning English. I didn’t study English because it wasn’t that necessary to our future and we have all different kinds of books that translated to Russian from different languages. So I only spoke Uzbek and Russian. My major is Physicist and I used to work in Science Laboratory Center. But now I have been working at Ryan’s family restaurant.
I’m married. I have three wonderful kids. My oldest son is Alisher. He is 16. He attends to Moline High School. My youngest son is Temur. He is 11 and my daughter is Oyniso. She is 7. Both of then attend to Jane Addams elementary school. I really missed my job, my relatives, my friends, and my sweet home.
I definitely don’t like to get up on rainy days. I would much rather stay in bed and read. Reading is one of my favorite things to do. I love to read all kinds of books but my favorites are children’s books. However I like to be alone by my self and listen to classical music especially Beethoven, Mozart, and Tchaikovsky. I like to go out with my family shopping and I enjoy the beautiful weather out in the park with my family and do fun stuff. I don’t like people that lie to me, I don’t like aggressive drivers and especially organizing my son’s room.
I’m good at getting along with people, I’m good at making delicious food, and also with scientific features, that is related with my career. I’m bad at learning languages because they are confusing with too many exceptions.
The words that best describe me are I’m really kind, honest and I’m cheerful.
If I could change one thing about my country, it would be health care and education. Because people are not eligible for some type of medicines that are eligible in United States. If I could change some things about this country, it would be health care, strong education and child/parent problems. If I could change one thing about the world it would be ecology, air pollution and to live in a peace. My dreams for the future are to have happy family, healthy kids, learn English, have a good job, and travel around the world.
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Posted by
Teacher Connie
at
6:09 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dear Dina,
how are you?
Today is a very cold and windy day.
Christmas is coming soon and we will not enjoy it,because all the time will be very stressfull.
Tomorow will be our last schoolday.
yuhu :-)
How will be your Christmas? Do you cook with your family? Have you got all the gifts?
Have you got a christmas wish?
We wish you a merry christmas,we wish you a merry christmas,we wish you a merry christmas and a happy new year!!!
stay in peace and take care !
Catherine and Marlene
Post a Comment